Thursday, July 10, 2008

My first day went great

In July of 1988, I left my last day on the job at the last "regular" job I worked. That was 20 years ago. For seven years, I worked as the paid secretary at the church my husband pastored but I never felt like it was a job. I enjoyed the work and I was serving my husband. However, the position did keep my skills honed. I had to use various software to administrate the church records and people skills are key in a church job.

Yesterday, I walked back into a "regular" job — sort of. It is a temporary position in an office. And you know what? I had a great time! There was nothing that seemed beyond the skills I've maintained over the past 20 years. The people were great and it was a great experience.

I fretted for no reason.

I need to remember: "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: